Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some good string silencers for my admiral and don't to know what to get. I've only used limbsaver string leeches, they worked good but had to keep replacing them:angry:. What should i get, Cat whiskers, string leeches, monkey tails, bow jax( or whatever there called), or other???.

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
141 Posts
X-factor ,does'nt weigh much and only one is served in on the bottom 3/4 of your string.this product really worx.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I only use Bowjax. I'm not a fan of the cat whiskers and don't like Limbsavers at all and have never tried the monkey tails but the bowjax work really well so I will stick with them

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Nothing but Cat Whiskers will stay on my Bowtechs with string suppressors. I have tried the factory stars, limb saver leeches, bowjax. Not tried the monkey tails.

Whiskers done rite will last as long as your string and are very effective at vibration reduction.

Later

Marc:darkbeer::smile::darkbeer:

·
Registered
987 Posts
cat whiskers cheap, good looks,easy to install and they silence your bow.........:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Those using the cat whiskers do you find that you loose more speed vs. the other products?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Go with the monkey tails, even though some people have had problems shooting them off there cheap to replace and easy to put on

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i have an admiral as well.......my shop guy convinced me to try the monkey tails......i thought they were a little pricey for what the "look like".....but after a month of shooting they still look like the day i bought them, and they seem to be doing as good a job as what was on it.

time will tell about the durability, but i have no complaints so far......and they were extremely simple to put on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I cant speak for the other silencers on the list, but I can say that monkey tails never hold up for me or anyone at the range I go too. Those things break off the string within a month. That being said, they aren't very durable but they do work. The no gloves I have on my strother seem to work ok after I put some serving under them so they wouldn't slide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts