Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that string slap usually is the result of the draw length being too long, but is there ever a case where string slap is a result becuase of the drawlength being too short??? I think my draw might be a but too short because I find myself reaching for the string with the tip of my nose and occasionally getting a little slap on my forearm. Is this unheard of???

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
It might not be a case of your draw length being to short but your bow being short. I had a similar problem when I went from a bow over 38" to one under 36". Try opening your stance a little bit. The short bows have an extreme string angle and unless you have been shooting a short bow for a while you just might not be used to it. But then again your draw length could be to short which could cause a little string slap. Is your arm really bent or just slightly bent?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Why not use an arm guard?

If everybody in the Olympics uses an arm guard, it's OK for you to use one, too. :)

kgk

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Don't forget to check the brace height on the bow. I don't generally hit my arm, but if the BH is under about 7" , it gets a little slappy. I took a shot with a 5" BH bow one time...undid my watch for me;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had this same problem with a bow of mine. I adjusted the draw length to make it shorter and longer. None of this helped so I put a set of string leaches on and that cured the problem. Must be they took out just enough oscillation to prevent the string from hitting my arm. TRy this and see what happens.

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
kgk

It is kind of hard to have your arm straight and also have your draw length to short.;)

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
bows with short Brace heighth will slap the fire out of your arm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts