Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trying the Micro. Any body here using one? I believe I was watching one the Gregory families' show and he gave a tip on using one. He said he turns his upside down for more light.
Anybody doing that??

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have been using the Jr. for couple of years and i can say it works well for me especially in low light conditions on my hunting bow. (The turning upside down thing seems odd & unnecessary ) A few years back i noticed i was having some torqueing issues when shooting in heavy clothing (Mathews grips seem easy for me to do this) so i experimented with a Timberline No-Peep (once properly set shows any torque at full draw) however the peep i had wasnt giving me a good view of No-Peep at bottom of sight. THE String Splitter simply lines up with top of sight & gives a great view of setup not to mention available light at primetime increased dramatically. I believe for hunting setups the String Splitter works as advertised but if i were setting up target only bow i dont see an advantage compared to round smaller peeps. Accuracy seems fine with how the Splitter lines up but combined with Timberline it was a win win!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not if you have a quality string,same as regular peep that way. My strings are all from EXTREME BOWSTRINGS and once set they line up great!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I put a micro string splitter turned upside down on my invasion for last hunting season and couldn't be happier. In the magic hour in the a.m. and p.m. it gives you that extra light you may need. Also my accuracy hasn't been affected either! Try it and i think you'll agree.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jay Gregory said he turns the SS upside down to use the "cup" of the peep to align with the bottom circle of the IQ Bowsight (which ha a allows you to better observe the green dot on the sight while at full draw )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts