Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can tell me what about the String Splitter? I bought the Mini version of it last night and haven't tried it yet. I intended to buy the Jr. version, but it was really big. The regular size model must be freekin' huge! Will the mini version be too small for hunting applications? If their advertising info is accurate, the extra light it lets in should let me get by just fine with the mini version.

Anyone have any experience with the mini version in the field?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the original splitter on my bow now, it is big but I really like it, and my groups got better with it. The big thing is that the field of view that the splitter gives is so much greater than a regular peep. The mini will be fine for you, I'll most likely put the jr on my next bow. You can go to their web site it is www.sternerduttera.com, and if you have any questions you can ask them there.

·
Registered
17,298 Posts
I had heard that there was problems with them cutting strings, don't know if that's true or not. I use a Predators View Peep and wouldn't use anything else on my bow! They make 3 different sizes and you'll have a hard time finding better people to work with. Check them out at www.predatorsviewpeepsight.com.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i bought a mini,put it in with no problems,shot it for a while just couldnt get used to it,the sight picture was wide open,really did make ahuge difference in low light,im used to lining up my peep with my pin guard and couldnt get used to no bottom half.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts