Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good aftermarket string stop to go on a Mathew's Drenalin? All the ones I have found are really expensive or have have mixed reviews, and I am not interested in buying any more overpriced junk just to get me by.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I had a CTA string stop on my Prime that was awesome. I still have it but it doesn't fit my new Elite... Highly recommend they're awesome and make a huge difference

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Bow rattler you will not be sorry

·
Vendor
24,638 Posts
Interesting this thread just started. Was just chewing the fat with Chuck Nease. For those who don't know, Chuck was the president of Mountaineer archery back in the 80's. Then when Share holders decided they could do it without Chuck he started CSS Short for Custom Shooting System. CSS was eventually was bought out by Greg Ritz with Horton. Chuck went on to Win Win archery to recently retired. He is an active shooter as well as engineer.
My Question to Chuck was, If string stop improved accuracy why don't indoor shooters, and field archers use them?
Chucks reply went something like this. String stops quiet the bow and take out vibration, but can throw a shot off. If the arrow is on the string when the string hits the stop, the oscillation can be thrown off shot to shot. This is especially true if the stop gets a worn spot and is able to rotate.:wink:
Just food for thought.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting this thread just started. Was just chewing the fat with Chuck Nease. For those who don't know, Chuck was the president of Mountaineer archery back in the 80's. Then when Share holders decided they could do it without Chuck he started CSS Short for Custom Shooting System. CSS was eventually was bought out by Greg Ritz with Horton. Chuck went on to Win Win archery to recently retired. He is an active shooter as well as engineer.
My Question to Chuck was, If string stop improved accuracy why don't indoor shooters, and field archers use them?
Chucks reply went something like this. String stops quiet the bow and take out vibration, but can throw a shot off. If the arrow is on the string when the string hits the stop, the oscillation can be thrown off shot to shot. This is especially true if the stop gets a worn spot and is able to rotate.:wink:
Just food for thought.
Very interesting, I am glad you posted this. I never understood how they would improve accuracy, but they do make the bow quieter, and this is what I am after. Definitely food for thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts