Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i purchase a bow that has no string sopper can i take it apart and take it to a machine shop to have a insert placed into it so ican put one in.....i kno you can get the ones that wrap arround from the front of you stabilzer insert but i dont like those.......any suggetion......any thoughts to how much haveing a insert machined would cost.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
if i purchase a bow that has no string sopper can i take it apart and take it to a machine shop to have a insert placed into it so ican put one in.....i kno you can get the ones that wrap arround from the front of you stabilzer insert but i dont like those.......any suggetion......any thoughts to how much haveing a insert machined would cost.
what bow you looking at...most have a rear riser hole already...but if it didnt have one I would be reluctant to drill a hole in a riser...this may ruin the integrity of the riser causing a weak spot and you may risk damage or injury...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a reflex ridgeline 34....itdoesnt have an insert already..i found a place that sells the inserts........its got a tech riser so that shouldnt make a weak spot but i dont know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts