Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to take just a "touch" out of my DL....and I'm assuming I can press my bow and achieve this with a little twisting of the bow string.

So......how much do I twist it? I'm only looking for about 1/4" or so (It wasn't right....and I added 1/2" draw with proper mods). I think I still need to twist it to reduce it again.....a "touch".

I also assume I twist it in the direction it's already twisted.....lol.

What say ye?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I'd like to take just a "touch" out of my DL....and I'm assuming I can press my bow and achieve this with a little twisting of the bow string.

So......how much do I twist it? I'm only looking for about 1/4" or so (It wasn't right....and I added 1/2" draw with proper mods). I think I still need to twist it to reduce it again.....a "touch".

I also assume I twist it in the direction it's already twisted.....lol.

What say ye?
SB-Yes, you can easily squeeze 1/4" in draw by twisting your string. What kind of bow is it? One single cams, you twist the string the same direction it's already twisted to shorten it but be sure you dont just twist one end. Twist both end evenly. To keep your cam timing correct you have to remove an even number of twists from your cable, again from both ends. Be sure to count the number of twists in each side of the yoke on the cable as well so you dont end up with a real bad idler wheel lean. It wont take much, I would say one or two twists at the most would buy you the 1/4 your looking for. Now, everything else on the bow will most likely change, I.E. draw weight, peep and nock point. It may not change enough to bother you or even notice but it needs to all be rechecked/tuned once your happy with the draw length.:darkbeer:

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Good explaination except for one thing. Two twists isn't even going to measureable. If it's a single cam bow then it's going to take about 10 twists to approach 1/4". Maybe more. It varies also by how tightly the string is already twisted.

You might be better off using the next smaller module (1/2") and then twisting the cable(s) to lengthen things 1/4". This might even give you better perforance as you'll be over-clocking the cam a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts