Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My string is starting to twist, and my peep is is turned about 45 degrees from normal. I can turn it where it needs to be, but it (peep) will go back to being off. What causes this, and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Adrian

· Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like your string is stretching. My guess is it's a new string/bow. If so, shoot it for a while and then have your peep reinstalled. If this is an older string/bow, it might be just a less than top of the line string. Hard to say without the rest of the story.

I had that problem on an entry to mid level bow and the problem never went away. I could have replaced the string, but I eventually replaced the bow instead. No problems with my factory Hoyt/Fuse string on my Katera.

If it never really settles, you will have to replace the string to end the peep rotation headache or use a surgical tube type peep to help straighten it out when shooting.

Like I said I don't know how long you've had that bow or what string they put on a Cardiac so it's hard to say. But hopefully I covered some bases for you.

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strings

The bow was recently in the shop, the pro said everything looked fine (limbs, cam, etc...) After I got it from the shop I shot it a few hundred times, and then they started twisting. I hope the strings are not going bad. I think that bow comes with winners choice strings from the factory? Anyway, thanks guys for your help. I reakon I will have to take it to him soon to let him look at it?

Adrian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.