Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all master tuners ......

Look at the image below. Does this seem like to much string twist? I had to twist my string/cable this much to get my Mathews LX to factory specs. The Brace Height and Cam Rotation are exact and I let the ATA fall where it may (which was about 35 1/8) :confused: . The string/cable is a Vapor Trail with approximately 200-300 shots on them.

Attachments

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
it is very close to being over twisted, however there is really no set answer to twisting the string or cables but for me on all the strings I have been making the colors are about 1in apart when finished. Either your string is to long or it streched becouse it was not made correctly..

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I am no expert but, I have seen quite a few strings with more twists in it than that.
I was told last year by a tech from WC strings as long as it doesnt have over 2 complete twists per inch, you should be good.
I would say from the pic yours look likes about 1.25 twists per inch.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
If the string is new you should be good to go.

I have a couple that have been 1-1.5 turns per inch for a couple of seasons, and 'til they change, they will stay on the bow. It's when the string starts changing over a couple of sessions you need to worry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be careful that there are no sharp edges on your peep. had someone make a string for me that was a tad long, had a lot of twists (similar to your photo)to bring the bow back to speck and advised by maker all ok. shot 300 shots thru it then the peep cut the string clean in two opening up a nice 5 1/2 "gash on my bow hand/arm where the string whipped. there were no burrs on the trupeep but you could see where it had cut thru the string clearly. needless to say that after replaceing the string, the first few shots were quite daunting. Hoyt Ultraelite 31 1/2" draw 330f/s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts