Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i would go get some bow string wax, either the natural beeswax or one of the synthetic types. i have never heard of anyone using candle wax, don't think it would hurt it but then again i don't know what else they put in some of the candle waxes either. there may be impurities in it. i'm sure someone will know more about this than i do and offer some advice but i would say just wait and get to a bow shop and buy some designed for your string.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would go get some bow string wax, either the natural beeswax or one of the synthetic types. i have never heard of anyone using candle wax, don't think it would hurt it but then again i don't know what else they put in some of the candle waxes either. there may be impurities in it. i'm sure someone will know more about this than i do and offer some advice but i would say just wait and get to a bow shop and buy some designed for your string.
well i woudl but the closest shop is like 45 min from me, and well seeing as iam only 16 i cant acctuly get myself there, and my moms picky about goign long distances:confused:]

but thanks, i will wait for more replys

·
Registered
967 Posts
Seconded. Wait for some good stuff. Beeswax works just fine for Dacron strings, which is what I suspect you have if you're shooting a Ragim.

Best option would be to get some proper bowstring wax though.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
well i woudl but the closest shop is like 45 min from me, and well seeing as iam only 16 i cant acctuly get myself there, and my moms picky about goign long distances:confused:]

but thanks, i will wait for more replys
check and see if your mom will order some online for you. its not very expensive, alot cheaper than replacing the string anyway. good luck.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If your string is Dacron you could use Chap Stick - the original, non colored scented, etc. I've seen bow hunters & Trad shooters use it for their strings, cables & anything else that squeaks or rubs.
If you're end up at WalMart for it though - check the sporting goods section for the real thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.