Archery Talk Forum banner

string wax

1197 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  rock monkey
what is every ones wax preference
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,056 Posts
scorpion venom archery products best lubricants around!

· Registered
4,525 Posts
i prefer the bohning seal tite

· Registered
334 Posts
Dalton Archery Products, inc. High speed bow wax conitioner Sage. It goes on smooth and smells good.

· Registered
96 Posts
tite

bohning seal tite for sure never had a problem. althou i wouldnt mind trying that stuff that suppose to smell like dirt

· Back Yard Champion
36,007 Posts
In my bow case at all times; Bhoning's Xcellelator and Scorpion Venom (paste with leather patch).

· Registered
4,056 Posts

· Registered
1,628 Posts
wax

I use Seal-Tite now, have used Dalton no-scent. Probably try Scorpion Venom when the Seal-Tite runs out. Anybody know a dealer selling Scorpion Venom in or around Western Wa.?

· Registered
7,294 Posts
ive used seal-tite, tex-tite, brownell's and cir-cut's graphite-silicone waxes.

the consistancy of the bohning 'tites and the brownell wax are about the same. soft and very tacky. goes on kinda clumpy, but easily melted into the strands with the fingers.

the cir-cut wax has a blue color to it and is harder, like a candle i would say. goes on smooth and works in ok. i use this type when i'm making strings and after the strings are done and on the bow for a while, i'll use the softer waxes.

the brownell wax is nice because it has a twist-up tube, like a chapstik tube on steroids. makes it really nice to get the wax out of the tube.

overall, any of these 4 waxes will work fine for synthetic strings. not much color bleeding between the black and grey that i use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.