Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A Few Strands Wearing On My Parker Terminator. Nothing Tha Is Really Fraying, But I Do Notive Some Wear. How Far Can I Let It Go Before I Need To Get Replaced? The Wearing Part Is The Area That Slides Through The Forearm Part On Runs Through The Plastice Guide. Anybody Have Any Idea? Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
COACH22 said:
I Have A Few Strands Wearing On My Parker Terminator. Nothing Tha Is Really Fraying, But I Do Notive Some Wear. How Far Can I Let It Go Before I Need To Get Replaced? The Wearing Part Is The Area That Slides Through The Forearm Part On Runs Through The Plastice Guide. Anybody Have Any Idea? Thanks

Coach.... hard to say without seeing it. Just guessing but your only seeing wear and not fraying......I think you should be OK. I would give this area a little more attention when waxing and just watch it close. If you begin noticing broken strands or cut/nicked strands get it replaced. Parker reccommends replacing the string & cables every year. However I'm going on two years now on mine. I wax the string & cables every time I have shot it....be it a unloading shot or 50.

I will also add .... the teflon cable slide ...when its cocked for longer periods of time while hunting....seems to discolor the cable somewhat. Gives it a appearance that its worn. Mostly its from the wax being peeled off as the cables go through the slide but the strands are not damaged. I'm pretty sure this is normal and have also seen this discoloration on compounds where the cables go through a slide.

Just keep a eye on it and when in doubt ....replace it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
COACH22 said:

Just make sure that there are no sharp edges or nicks anywhere the string slides...you can easily check this with a cotton ball. As this would cause premature string wear. Keep the string waxed good.

Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Info

Thanks For The Information. I Will Wax More Then I Have Been Doing And See What Happens. Also Will Check For Any Edges. Thanks

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
SWtring wear

I had the same thing happening on my Parker. The slide is essentially a piece of formed plastic, it's edges can be sharp or rough. I took mine out (you'll need a bow press or some means to reduce tension) and touched up the edges with fine sanding paper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts