Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a new set of strings and cables for my switchback. Was just wondering what you all are using. So please Help me out on my next set of cables and strings. And thankyou for all your help up front.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I highly recommend 452x strings and cables from Winner's Choice. If you are a little more budget minded, PM BuckNasty or Crackers and have them make you a custom set out of 452x.

·
Registered
23,626 Posts
I have a set of 452x Bucknasty for my 05 Switchback and could not be happier.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
I like VaporTrail VTX. I do have to reserve the center serving with 0.025".

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doc said:
I highly recommend 452x strings and cables from Winner's Choice. If you are a little more budget minded, PM BuckNasty or Crackers and have them make you a custom set out of 452x.

what does the numbers 452x stand for

·
Banned
910 Posts
452X material especially with 1 cams. You dont have to fork out $100 or even $65 for a 1st rate set. Dont turn your back on anybody who thinks you should.:wink:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moose mustard said:
452X material especially with 1 cams. You dont have to fork out $100 or even $65 for a 1st rate set. Dont turn your back on anybody who thinks you should.:wink:
So Moose mustard what do you use

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Give Crackers a call and ask about his 452X strings and cables. You won't be disappointed!

what does the numbers 452x stand for?

BCY company makes the 452X string material.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
While I have been and still am a real proponent of strings made of 452X material, I have been very....very impressed with the quality and stability of my VTX strings from Vapor Trail.

I think for a hunting bow, the VTX strings provide the stability without the typical speed loss associated with going from 8125 to 452X........plus Vapor Trail can normally get you a set in 2 days or so.

·
Banned
910 Posts
I have Berry Strings, HM BowStrings and some a local guy tied me that does a descent job, but he only has a couple choices of material/color and serving is what ever he's got at the time kinda thing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
R&A all the way

R&A Custom Strings are what I shoot--only $50 shipped tyd--they ship them out right away and the customer service is GREAT!!! give them a call-you won't be dissappointed! Check them out in the classifieds!
Order with confidence
-Miranda

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Im a bucknasty believer:wink:

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Any strings made for you out of Xcel or UltraCam will make you a happier camper then using the later. They are smoother and in a finished string is smaller in Dia. and alot quieter when shot. I have been making all my strings out of them for over a year now and everyone is extremely happy with them, you can't go wrong with Brownell Products.

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,713 Posts
i use H&M bowstrings , these things are great, any string colors and any serving colors all for about $40 for a string AND a single cam cable

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'll give another vote to Crackers. Shoot string 5 times. Put in peep. Enjoy no peep movement and great durability. See my post on "Crackers really did it this time" for my thoughts on the new set that he made for my Ben Pearson custom Stealth.

Jim

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have 452x string and cable from Bucknasty on my SB XT, bought the bow secondhand and they were already on the bow when i got it and been shooting some time with it now and dont have any of the serving separating problems that have been around on early SB XT:s.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I have Crackers strings on my Tribute and BuckNasty on my Allegiance. Both are top notch quality strings. You can't go wrong either way. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts