Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering that when you guys go to a after market string do you change cables to? I am still thinking about changing my string on my S2 and DXT ( for some bling ) but cant decide if I want to change my cables. What is gained by changing cables? Thanks

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
It is good practice to change everything at once, assuming you're replacing your current ones due to age or wear. Nothing says you can't just change the string though. The potential benefit to changing the cables at the same time is that if your old ones have stretched over time, new ones could help get your bow back into specs if properly installed.

·
Registered
835 Posts
realistically? your only gain from a technical standpoint is longevity against stretch. even so, some aftermarkets are much better than others. it is unlikely that you will gain speed (on some mathews bows, you will lose speed because aftermarkets are thicker and alter the timing). you will also gain the ability to have a unique color combo that sets your bow apart from others.

i recommend vapor trails or 60X... i'm on my third set of strings/cables for my dren in the year i've had it (lots and LOTS of range time). i've had WC and was very disappointed with them. there are lots of others out there, but those are the 2 i stand behind. 60X are what i have right now, and i'm extremely impressed!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vapor trails is what I am thinking about going to. I bought the bows new havent shot the bows that much so I am not changing them because they are wore, Just thought I would change them to match my new grip.:tongue:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Is that guy still alive? Nobody has seen him in a ***** age.

Kinda like bigfoot:wink:

·
Registered
444 Posts
sa rob, no matter how much one person can shoot in a year, 3 sets of strings and cables is about 2 too many, you guys should try wolfden strings, i had an apex7 that i shot for 2 years for 3d, field, and spots, and the guy i bought it from shot it for a season also, thats 3 years on one set of strings and cables, give them a try. WOLFDENSTRINGS.com

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
Don't forget Bucknasty. Awesome strings, awesome price, zero stretch and no peep rotation. He has a thread in the string section on here and has a loyal following.

Lots of pictures in there too of color combos. If you can think of a color combo he can make it! John is awesome to deal with and will stand behind his work!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts