Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the string and cable lengths on the Arena 34? How are the factory strings? What color are they on the Olive finish bows? I usually put custom string on right away, but was thinking about trying the factory sting this time. I am also trying to think what color custom string would look good with the Olive finish?

Just wanted to hear from the Bear family on the string quality and string/cable lengths, also any suggestions on string colors would be great too!

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well mine are Arena 30's so I can't be of much help on the 34 as for as lengths are concerned. What I can tell you is that the servings on my Shadow 30 were already separating when it was pulled from the box. My pro shop stated he had seen this before on Bears and I should call them to discuss. Apparently there is some archer who has a TV show who uses the same shop I do and this archer shoots Bear bows. My pro shop stated he had some issues with his new Bear bow but Bear sent him 2 new sets of strings, no problem.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bear has been continuously working on their string building process to make it better. I have had the same factory set on my Anarchy HC since last year. No issues period.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bear has been continuously working on their string building process to make it better. I have had the same factory set on my Anarchy HC since last year. No issues period.
How's your peep rotation?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
The peep rotation on my Bear Effect is good but the cable serving touching the cams comes apart easily. But its not an arena so probably different.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
What's your DL? My AHC chews the CRAP out of the top serving on the control cable.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am not a fan of the contraband strings. They are no doubt better than the old Zebra strings or whatever it was they used on the older bows. But I have been getting a lot of peep rotation on my Anarchy single cam. And lots of serving separation in the usual spot where the cable rounds over the DL module. In my opinion, factory strings should be replaced with something better as soon as they possibly can be. At least for the bow makes that I personally shoot. Got a set of 60x strings on the way for my Anarchy.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not a fan of the contraband strings. They are no doubt better than the old Zebra strings or whatever it was they used on the older bows. But I have been getting a lot of peep rotation on my Anarchy single cam. And lots of serving separation in the usual spot where the cable rounds over the DL module. In my opinion, factory strings should be replaced with something better as soon as they possibly can be. At least for the bow makes that I personally shoot. Got a set of 60x strings on the way for my Anarchy.
I usually do replace right away, I was just wondering on the contraband strings. I will probably just replace then like always. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No one knows the string/cable length of the Arena 34?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I might be in the minority but, I haven't had any problems with the contraband strings on my Agenda 6 and I really like them. I did shoot at least 100 arrows with it before tying in the peep though. Once that was done, I re-tightened the d-loop and the peep hasn't rotated since. That said, I ordered some of the custom JBK strings on-sale a couple of weeks ago in flo-green and silver w/black pinstripes for my Agenda and Mauler, and will be keeping the stock strings off both for backup.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I might be in the minority but, I haven't had any problems with the contraband strings on my Agenda 6 and I really like them. I did shoot at least 100 arrows with it before tying in the peep though. Once that was done, I re-tightened the d-loop and the peep hasn't rotated since. That said, I ordered some of the custom JBK strings on-sale a couple of weeks ago in flo-green and silver w/black pinstripes for my Agenda and Mauler, and will be keeping the stock strings off both for backup.

This I did the same and I have no peep rotation but lots of serving seperation

1 - 16 of 16 Posts