Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new Mathews Mission bow about 3 weeks ago. I had an arrow in my bow and I was in the shooting position. I decided not to shoot, so I was lowering my bow. As I was in the middle of doing so, I heard a slight “bouing” and the strings poppet out of the cams of my bow. Both the arrow and release was still connected to the bow string.

These are my following questions. What could have caused the strings to pop out of my cams? Should I be concerned about cracking in my Limbs, if so would the warranty cover the cost?

Thanks you for taking the time to read my thread, AW

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
You turned the bow with your hand and the string jumped the slot in the cam and came off.

Don't torque the bow when letting down.

I doubt the limbs cracked, and I have no idea if warranty would cover it if they were. Have a professional check it out when they put the string back on.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
You turned the bow with your hand and the string jumped the slot in the cam and came off.

Don't torque the bow when letting down.

I doubt the limbs cracked, and I have no idea if warranty would cover it if they were. Have a professional check it out when they put the string back on.
This would be my assessment as well
Take a look at this video, he describes what happens when you crank the string sideways with your fingers but you could do the same with a release it's just a lot harder to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts