Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my understanding that the closer a bow is set to true centreshot the more tolerant it is of arrow spine i.e. it will shoot a wider range of arrow spines.

This being true, would it be sensible when setting up a stringwalking bow to have the bow set a little closer to centreshot than normally recommended?

My thinking on this is that as stringwalking changes the dynamic spine of the arrow as crawl changes, a bow thus set up will require less windage/plunger adjustment with distance changes.

True or False?

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is my understanding that the closer a bow is set to true centreshot the more tolerant it is of arrow spine i.e. it will shoot a wider range of arrow spines.

This being true, would it be sensible when setting up a stringwalking bow to have the bow set a little closer to centreshot than normally recommended?

My thinking on this is that as stringwalking changes the dynamic spine of the arrow as crawl changes, a bow thus set up will require less windage/plunger adjustment with distance changes.

True or False?
I don't know- but I have been told that the closer to centershot you are,the more critical your release becomes.

Maybe some advanced stringwalkers will chime in here.

Don

·
Registered
435 Posts
String walking does de-tune the bow. Use a Beiter adjustable turn knob plunger and you can counter the de-tuning action. Example: Assuming you have the bow and arrows tuned, at twenty yards you would string walk down one and a half inches, you adjust the plunger to #3 first, making the plunger stiffer to counter the changes in the bow due to the string walking down the string. Next target is 40 yards, you have learned in your practices that to hit 40 you need the plunger on 5.5, and you string walk down 1/4 inch. And on it goes. You need to practice and play with your equipment. Once you have it figured out write it down and make copies, always carry one with you. If you change anything, arrow type, size, length, tip weight, you have to start all over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts