Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was trying to loosen the locking screws on the limb pockets on a Hoyt PowerHawk because they were in pretty tight and I wanted to loosen them for easier future tuning, and I didn't realize until it was too late that the two on the side where the sight and rest are on were stripped. I thought that they were loosening, because I felt them turn, but I was stripping it more. Does anyone have any tricks/tips to help me get them out? Should I just go to Lowes and look for 2 more screws after I get them out?

Another question. Do you have to have to loosen the locking screws to change the draw weight? Because Hoyt's manual says too but the guy at the local shop that I went to didn't loosen them before he adjusted the draw weight. That made me nervous because Hoyt says too, and thats why I wanted to loosen the locking screws and caused them to strip, so is it really needed?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone???

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
As far as the stripped screws go, I bought a set of Grab-Bits from the local Ace hardware store and they have paid for themselves time and time again. I have customers that come in and say &^%&.. look what I did!! I get the bits out and in no time I have the old screw out and a new one in. And the locking screws, I would loosen them but that's just me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts