Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all of our valued consumers!

Hopefully you are all enjoying the hunting season.
We are making this announcement in response to all the rumors involving Strother Archery, Inc. and 2011.

On Friday, October 1, 2010 a letter was sent to all of our dealers regarding our current status as a company, our future status as a company, as well as the status of the relationship between Strother Archery Inc. and our designer Kevin Strother.

This was done so that our Dealer partners were fully aware of the situation before anything was aired publicly on the forums.

Our focus has been and always will be on our dealers, our consumers, and everyone else that is or could be a stakeholder in Strother Archery Inc.

Items of concern noted over the weekend are appreciated and we can address them individually as follows:

• Strother Archery Inc. will most certainly be around in 2011. We will continue to use new technology on future models and we will be introducing innovations on the current model line.
• Our warranty will remain in place.
• Component parts will be available from Strother Archery Inc.
• We are currently field testing our own 2011 design here in Michigan….You will not be disappointed!
• The 2010 Valor will be introduced and available to dealers this month

In the best interests of both parties, we will not be commenting on the forums but we will provide updates as they are appropriate.

The team at Strother Archery Inc. remains strong, we are here for the long haul, these changes will not detour us from our goals, and, most importantly, we have embraced the changes and are very excited about the future!
We are full steam ahead!

Best regards,

Michael P. Lueken
Operations Manager
Strother Archery, Inc.

· Registered
539 Posts
Im a bit confused by your post.. Are you insinuating that Kevin and Strother as a company are parting ways? Or am I reading this totally incorrectly?

· Registered
539 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
Where did the other thread go??????????????????

· Registered
590 Posts
This was done so that our Dealer partners were fully aware of the situation before anything was aired publicly on the forums.
Good job with that, your about a week late. Anyhow, are you changing your name? Why would you name your company that in the first place? Can you add these answers to your official update?

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Good job with that, your about a week late. Anyhow, are you changing your name? Why would you name your company that in the first place? Can you add these answers to your official update?
Kinda what I was thinking! Maybe the owner shouldnt talk so much at "elk camp".

· Registered
5,358 Posts
Maybe you should get the whole story before running your trap. He has helped develop 3 successful companies. 1 is a major player, 1 is almost a major player, and time will tell for the other.
All I need to know is that he is in fact no longer a part of Strother Archery. And Strother Archery better incorporate a fully transferrable warranty and a lender bow policy.

· Registered
5,715 Posts
As kevin stated in the previous thread, that started because the owner of strother was speaking publically about private matters, breached the contract that had the i dotted and t crossed and failed to copensate KS as per the contract stated. would you work for free?

· Registered
302 Posts
And Strother Archery better incorporate a fully transferrable warranty and a lender bow policy.
Maybe to get your business, but to my knowledge Elite is the only manufacturer to provide this type of warranty. Why do you think SA has to provide this? I agree that it is an awesome warranty that I wish all manufacturers would adopt, but it is NOT the industry standard.

· Registered
590 Posts
All I need to know is that he is in fact no longer a part of Strother Archery. And Strother Archery better incorporate a fully transferrable warranty and a lender bow policy.
Why would they do that? And what would Kevin have to do with it? Did Kevin call your house and tell you if you bought a Strother bow,that he would personally make sure SA would copy Elite Archery's warranty policy?

· Registered
1,198 Posts
I agree with Waltrip, how many companies does he need to leave before evryone sees the pattern? Yes he is a great bow designer but I am not drinking the cool-aid thats for sure! Drink up:darkbeer:

· Banned
426 Posts
Who are you? And I WILL speculate.

The guys history speaks for itself. I have to prove nothing.
It is sad they deleted the other threads before you obviously got to read them! This departure is nothing like the ones at Bowtech and Elite, and I can speak on that because I WAS there! This is also quoting something that was in the thread that was deleted " This separation is due to contractual violations between SA and Kevin Strother" They both have their attorneys involved. Violations from making design changes without Kevins approval, financial obligations not being met by SA, and a few others. Those were talked about in the deleted thread. Apparently Brian Park (SA Owner) was talking at elk camp about firing Kevin, and that got posted here and it went from there! Kevin did not Walk away from SA like you are thinking. It is good to finally hear from the powers to be at SA on what their business plan is, because up until today it was up in the air and causing alot of negative speculation! I hope SA can survive thru this if nothing more than to be able to take care of the consumers who already purchased a bow and are worried about their warranty. Hopefully they can continue and whoever designs their line can produce a quality bow so they can continue to grow!

· Registered
590 Posts
I agree with Waltrip, how many companies does he need to leave before evryone sees the pattern? Yes he is a great bow designer but I am not drinking the cool-aid thats for sure! Drink up:darkbeer:
He stated (not me) in the other thread, that he did not leave BT, that he was let go, he was consulting for Elite, and their was a breach of contract with SA. He also said that he never intended to leave SA when he took the job. So yes, I can sympathize. None of us really know what happened with SA, but it would be fair to wait till the details are released before jumping to conclusions about him. As stated above, SA is excited and ready to move on without him, Kevin probably feels the same way, so where is the foul?

· Registered
590 Posts
I understand your frustrations and can sympathize with anyone who bought a bow thinking the designer owned the company. This seems to be a general misconception and I was also disappointed to hear this news. I also believe it was the intent of SA to create this misconception. It was said that this has been going on for 3 months and it is just today that it has been verified. I believe SA knows how powerful the connection is and therefore waited until the last moment to break the news in an effort to keep bow sales high. You still have a bow that was designed by KS and will be warranted by SA. That is what you knew when you bought the bow and the news has not changed. SA was right to address the concerns they did, and they seem to be confident that they can continue making top line bows.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.