Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My moxie is tuning way to far out left its so far out I had to shim my scope out to make it even work. do I change cam shims? I don't really know what to do. if anyone else has had this problem I would appreciate imput thanks! JD :shade:

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
There may be a few people here that can help, you may want to go ahead and post your spec. Draw length, weight, arrows, length of arrows, tip weight, etc.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
How much lean do you have in the top cam at full draw? You may want to do some shim swapping around to get it to tune more towards the center

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Get yourself a shim kit, and reset rest to centershot and shim cams closer to cable guard side of bow slightly.
I have ordered and used the shim kit from Elite for some of my bows. It will work on any bow.
You will also need some sandpaper to perhaps sand shims down to custom fit.
I have had 3 binary cam bows that shot very similar to yours and after shimming each of them they shot dead down the center now.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
It's possible the shims could be in backwards. Bows are assembled by humans and mistakes happen.

I would think you just need to switch the shims from one side to the other.

Which side of the cams have the thick shims and which side has the thinner shims?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's possible the shims could be in backwards. Bows are assembled by humans and mistakes happen.

I would think you just need to switch the shims from one side to the other.

Which side of the cams have the thick shims and which side has the thinner shims?
Shims are on the right side of the cam.

The right side of the cams have the thick shims. My specs are 62#28.5dl Goldtip 22series pro 100gr competition archery points and hd pinnocks 30 in arrow.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
It should tune with a center shot of about 7/8" ish......I will have to look at my Moxie when I get home.

I am thinking it is a set shim on the string side and then fill the gap on the cable side. I will have to look though.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Shims are on the right side of the cam.

The right side of the cams have the thick shims. My specs are 62#28.5dl Goldtip 22series pro 100gr competition archery points and hd pinnocks 30 in arrow.
Swap the shims so that it moves the cam closer to the cable guard side of bow. Then reset rest to centershot and shoot. I have had numerous 2 track Binary cam bows that all shot well with centershot WAY outside. I ended up shimming the cams just a little bit closer to the cable guard side and they all then tuned right down the exact center. I have found that moving cams just a little goes a long way though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Swap the shims so that it moves the cam closer to the cable guard side of bow. Then reset rest to centershot and shoot. I have had numerous 2 track Binary cam bows that all shot well with centershot WAY outside. I ended up shimming the cams just a little bit closer to the cable guard side and they all then tuned right down the exact center. I have found that moving cams just a little goes a long way though.
Thank ya brother appriciate the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts