Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our first strother into the shop and i will say it does shoot well. But, why do the cams look like they are so freakishly far out of time? The top cam looks way over rotated and at full draw the bottom cam looks normal but the top cam looks like it is only about halfway rotated. The cams look this way in the catalogs as well so i am pretty sure that this is how it is supposed to be for we have not put any twists into the string. I do realize it is a hybrid cam system but The hoyt cams look almost identical at rest and full draw and the PSE's are not nearly as bad. There is no timing marks, no draw stops on the modules so there is nothing else to go off of. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Well, it's been an hour since you posted and i'm guessing you have had this bow in and out of the press a dozen times by now. So you got it figured out yet. :D

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's been an hour since you posted and i'm guessing you have had this bow in and out of the press a dozen times by now. So you got it figured out yet. :D
It shoots just fine, im not actually at the shop tonight, It is just that the cams look aweful at full draw. I am sure that is how they are supposed to be, for it performs and tunes fine it just looks really really weird.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If it is an SR-71 or Infinity the gaps for the timing holes should be (from the face of the limb to the nearest edge of the hole) .300 top and .600 bottom.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is an SR-71 or Infinity the gaps for the timing holes should be (from the face of the limb to the nearest edge of the hole) .300 top and .600 bottom.
I don't think it's out of time they just look way off at 27.5" draw because of the design.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i have an sr and they are suppose to look like that. dont ask me why. Kevin would be able to answer that one the best but i do know that it is a shooter for sure and very smooth on the draw with a solid back wall. havent got to shoot it through a chrono yet but i know its a lot faster than my gt500 with same specs

·
Registered
898 Posts
i may be wrong but they are going to look that way couse from what i have herd was the top and bottom cams are diferent so they will never look in time

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Off topic! Sorry Sneak! What SA do you have in at the shop thats a 27.5" and what shop?

Thanks
It is big sky archery in belgrade and it is the infinity. We have i think six different bows on order but this is the only one that came in so far.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good luck broadhead tuning those bows.
Why do you say this? It should not be any harder than any other bow shooting over 300fps. The bow paper tunes just fine which should mean that broadhead tuning should be mighty easy. If it is not it is all in shooter form flaws not in the bow.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
good luck broadhead tuning those bows.
Won't have any issue at all. Get a bullet through paper and you will be good to go! My fixed blades hit with my field points out to 60 yards.
This cam system is not a binary system, the cams will look a little different through the draw cycle. If it is a smooth draw, the draw length is spot on, and it shoots a bullet through paper...what is not to like!:teeth:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Email Kevin or get on the Strother forum. The cams are not alike and the timing is measured at brace from the holes in the cam to the limbs. Kevin has spec charts (should have been one with the bow) on each bow and draw length settings. The only thing you should have to adjust may be the draw stops depending on how much valley and holding weight you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts