Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna bite the bullet and upgrade ALL my archery equipment. I have shot several bows but really like the SR-71 by Strother Archery. Anyone have a review or any pros/cons on this bow? I will be using it for deer hunting exclusively. thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I picked mine up in the spring with very little chance to check them out and I have been more than impressed with mine. I love that I can either drop weight or shoot heavier arrows and still see the speeds that I want. I sent my SR out to Wes VanHorn to have strings made and a tune job and I am able to shoot a 400 grain arrow @ 65# and 28.5" DW and get 305 fps. Wes could have tuned it for more speed but I wanted that smooth draw and shot. I can't think of a reason not to buy one, other than some say that the longer draws get no adjustment for valley but that has not been my experience.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
A freind of mine has an sr-71 and a vanquish and we both agree that the 2010 was their best and beats out most other bow companies too date as well. If I could find an sr with the short draw cams, even in these hard times, I think I would purchase one!!! Hell I would get rid of my GT 500 and/or my Destroyer for one!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the comments. since posting i have found a review or two and everyone seems to echo what yall are saying. now to choose sight, rest, release.....ahhh, nice problem to have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually have an 2010 Sr-71 with my set up, 28in draw 62# I am getting 294 fps. I am wanting to sell it because I think I want the Vanquish for the longer brace heigth. If you are interested let me know. I am asking 650 for it. or 600 and you pay the shipping...

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
the SR is a great bow....loved mine.

Now have an SX-1 and a custom dipped Inspire (which I may put up for sale soon)

As for rest - these bows work real well with limbdrivers. Not sure why, they just do.

·
Banned
2,988 Posts
Be smart and grab a new used one here. There resale value is very low and you can get on real cheap.
Yep just got one here for 350$:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts