Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dirty North Archery
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am looking for a new toy and have shot just about everything out there. I have read a lot about the strother bows and am very interested, however, i live in colorado and there is no way to get my hands on one to shoot before i buy. I am not the kind of person to buy a bow without shooting it either. See my problem. My perfect bow right now would be one with the draw cycle of a maxxis, the valley and back wall of an elite, and the dead in hand and silence of a bowtech/diamond. How does the strother stack up to that?

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
Pretty much sums it up. I love the Vanquish and am amazed how dead silent the bow is. Some have put the Limbsaver limb dampeners in them also and have said they have never come across a quieter bow ever. They also have the best grip IMO. The Maxxis is also a very nice bow, but it is not as quiet, has a much softer back wall and also a shorter BH.

·
Dirty North Archery
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. what would you say the grip is comparible too? Just wish i could get my hands on one of them

·
Dirty North Archery
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the word "strother" in the title, i figured i would get a little more response to this with all of the current buzz about these bows. I guess it is late. I will just have to check back tomorrow

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I love my Vanquish best bow I have owned to date. Smooth draw, fast, best back wall, can hold all day, no vibration and did I say fast for a 7 11/16 Brace Height.

MINE IS: 29" dl, 65lb'er (back out 1/2 turn) so probably 64lbs., 1/4" Red Eye Peep (11GR.), Two Tied Nocks and D-Loop.

398gr. arrow: 296fps.
369gr. arrow: 305fps.
346gr. arrow: 316fps.

·
Registered
921 Posts
the grip is a nice,but its the only thing i absolutley liked on any of the strother line aside from the predator camo.

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Hey guys, i am looking for a new toy and have shot just about everything out there. I have read a lot about the strother bows and am very interested, however, i live in colorado and there is no way to get my hands on one to shoot before i buy. I am not the kind of person to buy a bow without shooting it either. See my problem. My perfect bow right now would be one with the draw cycle of a maxxis, the valley and back wall of an elite, and the dead in hand and silence of a bowtech/diamond. How does the strother stack up to that?
Well IMO the Strother bows stack up to the rest very well, I think they are one of the best out there. I've shot them and you won't find many bows smoother and quieter and they have good speed. The draw is different, it stacks up quick early and just pulls smooth right to a rock solid wall. Grips are nice and they all balance well. Fit and finish look very nice but they have not been out long enough to see how durable the finish is. They are great bows but don't expect the Strother line to just blow everything else out of the water, there are just way to many really nice bows offered this year. Good luck.

·
Dirty North Archery
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ttt

·
Dirty North Archery
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bucksnbass, i guess that is what i am looking for in good info. I am still not going to pull the trigger until i have shot one first

·
Complaceny Breeds Failure
4,454 Posts
Yep, after you shoot a bunch there are always a couple that you know you would be happy with and then you just pick one.
Sounds eerily similar to how I picked my wife. j/k :shade:;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts