Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Heavy Hitter
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In terms of a hunting bow, the Strother Wrath teeters with perfection. Short bow that holds like a target bow. Extremely forgiving brace height, quiet, vibration is almost unnoticeable. Harvested two deer with bow last year, and hope to have the same success this year. My only complaint is with the foam string oscillation dampeners, on my bow they tend to move slightly up and down. From what I understand, they have been replaced by speed nocks for 2013. Otherwise would have given 10 out of 10

Rating9
ProsExcellent finish, solid backwall, smooth draw, Extremely forgiving
ConsFoam Oscillation dampeners on string tend to move (easy fix)
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have had this bow for just over a year know and aside from my string wearing faster then I would have liked to see I love every thing about this bow, I can draw 80lbs smoother and easier then my old Hoyt 60lb bow, its a tack driver. I do shoot over 150 arrows a week with league so maybe that is why my string wore out so quickly

Rating9
ProsLong brace height, smooth drawing for a short bow
ConsString wear
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have had this bow for just over a year know and aside from my string wearing faster then I would have liked to see I love every thing about this bow, I can draw 80lbs smoother and easier then my old Hoyt 60lb bow, its a tack driver. I do shoot over 150 arrows a week with league so maybe that is why my string wore out so quickly. I have already harvested 2 Whitetails and Muley with this bow. It

Rating9
ProsLong brace height, smooth drawing for a short bow
ConsString wear
Would you recommend?yes

·
Grizzlee
1,218 Posts
I just came back from hunting South Africa and I took my Wrath. This bow is quiet and accurate but really slow and does not hold its energy well...at least not for shots on these animals at 30 + yards...60lbs, 29dl, 415 gr arrow...= <280fps...but huge brace height and Predator camo...I love the bow just wish it was a little faster or my DL was a little longer...LOL

Rating8
Prosbrace height, predator camo finish, SOLID backwall
Conscheesy cable guard...slow...slow...slow
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.