Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot the Strothers Wrath and Moxie this weekend at the ASA opener! Both bows were really smooth! The Moxie is a possible next bow for me, didn't shoot through a crono or any of that. Just drew it closed my eyes and released! I'm wowed!!!! I met the owner who was a great guy! I even went back and shot the bow again on Saturday and Sunday! The target color feels different that the powder coat, the grip feels slimmer but both shoot like a dream! if you haven't already tried one you need to! The draw is smooth verry solid bow! I will be looking into one soon! Did anyone else try one while there?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
They are great bows for sure. I love my Moxie.

·
JustaNobody
1,780 Posts
Glad to hear you liked them. Strother has a great group of people working there. Even this guy Mike L is pretty cool, for a Michigan dude. :)

I used my Moxie to finish first in the Bowmasters popup this past weekend. Me and my buddy Johnny Heath got second in the team money class as well. He also borrowed it to shoot the individual money and got 2nd as well. The bow is off to a good start! :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That thing shoots sweet, just hope it has some staying power!

·
shhhh.. slow down
9,409 Posts
Is this a new bow company? I am familiar with Strother Archery but have never seen a Strothers bow?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
i think strothers makes a great, quality bow. But I am not sold on the cable slide just yet. If you remember, Martin's TRG ate up cables and they had to send out a standard rod and slide. Well I own a TRG and had no issues, but I dont shoot as much as a person who shoots tournaments, or spots, or 3D so I didn't have any wear. I did switch the TRG over to a standard rod and slide with a lower STS for ease of mind. But when I was in the shop looking at the cable slide of strothers it just reminded me of the TRG from Martin. I am intrigued to see how the cables hold up going through this cable slide. I hope it works out for Strothers because im a MI man and they are MI Bred bows.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,244 Posts
What is the MSRP on these bows? So I know whether to check them out or not. Thanks

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
839 is the MSRP....

That was Charles Raeth there. Not the owner...just a big wig of the company.

Glad you enjoyed them, we were busy for sure. Very busy. I know several were real disappointed they couldnt take one home.

I have alot of pics of guys lined up waiting to shoot the moxie, with the yellow and black shooter shirts on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glad to hear you liked them. Strother has a great group of people working there. Even this guy Mike L is pretty cool, for a Michigan dude. :)

I used my Moxie to finish first in the Bowmasters popup this past weekend. Me and my buddy Johnny Heath got second in the team money class as well. He also borrowed it to shoot the individual money and got 2nd as well. The bow is off to a good start! :)

You sure bout that Mike guy.....from "Indiana", manages/coaches like Bobby Knight, everyone agrees he is an ***h*le, etc., etc.,

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I have to be honest. I couldn't decide for my second bow between the wrath and the G5 Shift. I went with the shift but I would not be surprised if I end up with a Strother next year.:thumbs_up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts