Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just looking at the new Inside Archery mag and see an ad for the new "Stryker" crossbow.

"Binary Cam Technology| 405 Feet Per Second| 155 Ft-Lbs Kinetic Energy|Whispertech Silence"

Is this Bowtech getting into the crossbow side??? Looks like their ads.

405 FPS Wow!

I think even I might use a mechanical at that speed...

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
vabowhntr said:
Just looking at the new Inside Archery mag and see an ad for the new "Stryker" crossbow.

"Binary Cam Technology| 405 Feet Per Second| 155 Ft-Lbs Kinetic Energy|Whispertech Silence"

Is this Bowtech getting into the crossbow side??? Looks like their ads.

405 FPS Wow!

I think even I might use a mechanical at that speed...
Quite sometime back I had heard that Bowtech was getting into the crossbow market.

One would wonder how long they can keep it together at that speed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Could you post a link did an internet serch for Stryker Crossbow and came up empty..

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
htoler said:
Could you post a link did an internet serch for Stryker Crossbow and came up empty..
I don't guess it is ready for publication yet.

This rumor has been floating for at least two years. I guess the ad now verifies it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well if it is being made by Bowtech and it is even close to being as good as their Compounds , mght turn out to be a pretty awsome crossbow, wonder if they are incorperating thier beyond parrelle limb technology.. not sure that would be an advantage on a crossbow though..

·
Archery Coach
23,297 Posts
To quote my good friend Bill T of excalibur (after we discussed my impressions of the reversed draw xbow at the ATA 05 and the SwissBow)

Its not how well or fast is shoots, its how long it can keep shooting that matters

I have over 10,000 shots in one point blanc
I have my original exocet-its got at least 3000 shots-its close to ten years old
another point blanc was a "range bow"-the level busted on it when a kid dry fired it-twice. its got at least 5000 shots on it-which is the expected service life of a PLA-Type 56 Assault Rifle in case you are interested:wink:

new strings -and a couple dissipator bar pads only things replaced

·
Registered
777 Posts

That's certainly not a veiled reference to the binary, and those are the very types of specs Bowtech tends to tout, so I would guess it is them.

The binary is a natural fit on an Xbow. It yields a high ratio of cam revolution : limb tip travel which leads to higher efficiency and speed.

Wouldn't be surprised to also see Great Lakes Xbows going binary in near future.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ad says strykerxbow.com, but it doesn't work yet. The ad is dark and you can only see the front of the crossbow, but it does seem to have a mounting system that puts the limbs out in front of the rest of the stock. Sort of equates to a very reflexed design to increase the power stroke. It did not mention draw weight or power stroke in the ad. I don't have a scanner, or I would post the pic. Also, if anyone had seen it, what do you make of the area where you would put your foot to draw the bow. Do you think that bridge between the limb pockets is it, or will their be something else for your foot?

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
They have a web site? Went to strykerxbow.com and it's just a parked domain name. Where did the ad come from. Looks impressive.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
BigBirdVA said:
They have a web site? Went to strykerxbow.com and it's just a parked domain name. Where did the ad come from. Looks impressive.
It came from an archery trade magazine..

"Archery" - imagine that..

Funny how Richard never got back to us on a picture of his bow and now a like concept comes up..

Enquiring minds would like to know...

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
Nikon Shooter said:
You can do a domain "whois" lookup at www.register.com

If you look up both domains www.bowtecharchery.com and www.strykerxbow.com you will see some interesting similarities.

Coincidence?:wink:
The tech contact for the sites are the same person. Could be but doesn't mean 100% it's the same. Odd both in the same part of the state and all. Does make you wonder. And with recent binary cam issues makes sense BT could in it somehow. Then like the Middleton and that other faceless new xbow, seeing is believing. So far we've seen nothing of the newcomers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
you can now order the Middelton Crossbows,, all you have to do is contact them via e-mail, forgot the addy but it is on the site,

·
Registered
122 Posts
The link for the Stryker Crossbow is active now, and it shows a better picture of it..

1 - 20 of 78 Posts