Archery Talk Forum banner

strykezone 350 or 380

1780 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  whitewm
How many are actually buying the 350 instead of the 380? Being my first crossbow I thought the 350 would be a good choice. I would put the xb30 scope and buy the right bolts to shoot when I purchase it. But it seems that I am reconsidering my thinking because everyone seems to be buying the 380 package. Being my first crossbow and I am going to use it to deer hunt, am I thjnking wrong to buy the 350 and equip it the way I want to hunt with it? Or does the 380 speed make it that much better for deer hunting and is it that much better of a crossbow? Need a little input with this before I make my order. Thanks
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
11,801 Posts
bow4deer, this will be my first xbow also, i have shot several and im sure the 350 at 350fps is more than enough to take anything that walks! with that said I figured if I want to shoot a heavier arrow that the 380 will put more kenetic energy at the terminal end.
with string stops and a little more speed the 380 for the price Im getting mine was my best option! hope this helps. if you want more info pm me ! Randy

· Registered
18,546 Posts
If a little bit is good ... a lot is better. Buy the 380!

· Banned
24,198 Posts
I'm getting............................both :) The 350 bow only is the real deal IMO. Set it up the way you want it. The 380, slowed down with a heavier arrow to 360, is what I'm going to do with it.

· Registered
18,546 Posts
I'm getting............................both :) The 350 bow only is the real deal IMO. Set it up the way you want it. The 380, slowed down with a heavier arrow to 360, is what I'm going to do with it.
Oh ... aren't we ... "special!" LOL :wink:

· Registered
11,801 Posts
what do ya think duke? moon is getting all the candy aint he?!
welcome back Moon!

· Registered
18,546 Posts
what do ya think duke? moon is getting all the candy aint he?!
welcome back Moon!
Well, I ask you ... who's better than Moon??? :wink: He deserves it! :thumbs_up

· Registered
28 Posts
Moon--thanks for pointing me to the 380. I got mine today and with zero experience I know that I am easily impressed, but this thing is so easy to handle and hold. IT IS SWEET!! I did shoot the one they had a couple of times, VERY NICE!! I was in a hurry so I just paid up and had to hit the road. I can't wait to get mine together with the Optimizer and have some fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.