Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd never seen or heard of an STS (whatever that stands for?) before joining this site. I have a new bow now that I really like, but it's a bit noisy and has significant handle vibration. Three questions:
Will an STS help either or both of these problems?
If the STS screws in where the cable guard is now and is "inline" with the riser, what holds the cables out of the way?
Are there any drawbacks to stopping the string travel so abruptly?

Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check out this website www.stsarchery.com , and yes it does quiet the bow and reduces vibration.It does not screw into cable guard hole,they have two different mounting styles,front mount and rear mount and they fit into your stabilizer hole.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I tried one on my Phoenix 34 last winter, in my opinion it actually made it a little louder. And if you are shooting a Phoenix you should have next to zero vibration. If you have alot of vibration in it, I would say you probably have a problem with something else on the bow causing it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oggies Outdoors said:
. And if you are shooting a Phoenix you should have next to zero vibration. If you have alot of vibration in it, I would say you probably have a problem with something else on the bow causing it.
That's exactally what Parker said. I'm going there in the AM so they can check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts