Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one of these for my Mathews Ovation. Due to the length of my bow 40 inches they reccommended two bars with the rear mount system.

VERDICT: Sound, appears to be LOUDER when bow string hits rubber stopper.
TWO BARS, one of the bars will touch a cable, no good, had to take one bar off.
PREVENT string hitting arm, OUTSTANDING, this is the one quality that may keep me from returning this product.
VIBRATION reduction, I think so.

For those who have used this product what do yo think? Gimmick for $58. with shipping or worthy product?
Also please don't respond if you're trying to sell these! :zip: THANKS

·
Got Archery?
3,030 Posts
I had to experiment with the distance from my string to get the optimum silencing. I have mine approx 1/4" from my string.

·
Registered
321 Posts
try re setting it

It is probably too close to the string. start with about a credit cards thickness, and work from there.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I took an STS off one of my bows while working on it and forgot to put it back on. At the very first shot I thought something was terribly wrong with the bow until I realized it was missing the STS. Put it back on and everything was OK again. Can't stand shooting any of my bows without one. It just tames the bow down to make it more pleasant to shoot.

·
Registered
36,021 Posts
try this

The bar touching the string can be solved by taking the bar out turning it around and then reinstalling it. The STS just pulls off.

·
Custom callmaker
3,469 Posts
Do you have the double arm?

Anyways I found that moving the arm in and out changes the noise reduction. I found that you fold paper in half and use that as a spacer on my razortec is the best spot for the mushroom style sts.

I put one on a buddy's vipertec and we have it so it just kisses the string for the best result.

You need to play with it as a little movement makes big changes.

Side note. Since you will srew up the shaft resetting the screw just increase and decrease poundage as it will alter Brace height and give you same effect.

Find the best spot. measure placement put weight back and adjust.

·
Registered
329 Posts
have the double

and like said above you may need to flip the rod for best results, I am a lefty so like everything else not designed for a lefty, I have to turn it upsidedown, backwards, lopsided and everyother way to make things work the "right" way:mad: :mad: :mad:

works great and my 06 allegiance is silent. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts