Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new Allegiance and after hearing some of you guys talking, I am thinking about putting an STS on my bow. My question is, is there any downside to installing one on this bow?
Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
365 Posts
From what I've heard and read the only downside is that it may lead to an addiction of adding toys to you bow, :smile:

I'm thinking of ordering one myself as it sounds like you can't go wrong with it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
boy what wonderful things STS did for my bow. an exceptional improvement in the quietness and vibration reduction made me want to keep it on. a great accessory to have.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
downsides?

I have sts on all of my bows, however on my Old Glory the bow is so smooth shooting without it there is not a big help in this area. I was getting some string slap which is now gone.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Try it.

I was shooting next to a guy with an Allegiance the other day. He had taken his STS off. He shot and it sounded like someone strumming a guitar. He put the STS back on his bow and shot and it was almost as quiet as my Switchback. Shoot your new bow without it and then with it. You'll know almost immediately why almost everyone recommends it.

By the way, I have one on my Q2XL AND my Switchback. It's on the SB to make sure I don't get stringslap. I don't think it quietens it that much more. Maybe just a little.

My $.02.

MM

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have one on my Allegiance for about a month now and I can't find a down side. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Another vote for STS! Great product, the absolute only downside I know of is that I didn't come up with this great idea! I have had one on my allegiance for quite a while now. A few weeks ago while installing a new string on my bow I took a shot without the sts on my bow, the difference is truely remarkable. I thought something was seriously wrong with my bow until I realized I forgot to put my sts back on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts