Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about maybe putten the STS on my BowTech Defender. Can anyone help me out on some info. Does it really make it as quiet as they say. One of the factory silencers has now come off of the string. I noticed that after about 100 shots or so the legs started flying off.Don't want to have to keep replaceing all the time. It was still quiet when the legs started to come off, but now the whole thing has flew off. A little louder now. Any feed back would be great.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I put mine on yesterday on a switchback that I have and I like it so much that I am going to order another one for my liberty. It made my bow almost silent and took away every bit of hand shock.

-lee-

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Well, if you click the "search" icon and type in STS you'll find all the info you could ever imagine lol.

That being said, it definitely takes the vibration out of your bow and makes it quieter. However, with my SQ2 I had a very loud "popping" noise coming from the limb saver when the string hit it. My bow is 31" ATA and I was told that the "popping" sound was an issue with pretty much all of the shorter ata bows. Like I said, the bow itself was quieter and vibration free, but I sold mine cause I couldn't stand the "pop".

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Works like a charm on my Allegiance! I had the same issues... the little legs and stuff kept flying off my string (100 shots or so).... seemed silly to keep replacing it all the time and ponied up the bling for the STS!

The popping noise can be cured with a felt pad glued to the end of the STS stopper..... ask Jerry/NJ.... he started a thread on it.

-ZA206

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
za206 said:
The popping noise can be cured with a felt pad glued to the end of the STS stopper..... ask Jerry/NJ.... he started a thread on it.
-ZA206

Gees, now you guys post on that lol. Where was this 2 months ago when I sold the thing. Gess, now I may have to buy another one lol.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Yes, sts is all that and a bowl of chips.

Order an sts, then superglue felt, or I use a piece of velcro, the soft side and glue onto the limbsaver on your sts.

As far as the legs flying off your silencers, buy new ones, and cut the legs about half the original length. They will still quiet your bow very good and you won't have any more flyers. The two silencers on the cables can be left full length.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Defender

Well.....I have to tell it like it is.....I HAD one on my Defender and can honestly say it didnt do much. BUT listen now everyone.......it is NOT the fault of the STS! My bow is so quiet and shock free it doesnt need one. I am not an awesome shooter like the pros so it didnt help me there.
I have installed quite a few on older bows and they make a tremendous difference on those bows. I even tried it on my Mighty Mite and took it off, didnt do anything. I do have one on my Patriot as it did help a tad on that bow. One nice thing is IF you are hunting, you wont hit your sleeve with the STS on. A very good product, depends on the bow IMO.

·
Registered
577 Posts
OK, first cut and grind the STS so that it clears the cables. Then glue on felt, follow the felt with rabbit hair, then add cotton balls, and finally attach a slice of bacon. That'll quiet ‘er down. :smile:

OK, sorry, having to much fun today.

Out-of-the-box (with no enhancements), for me and my Allegiance, the hand vibration was completely GONE, but was replaced by the "pop" as stated in previous post above. IMO, the level of the sound was the same, just replaced with the "pop". The "pop" however disappeared when the rubber stopper came flying off after a shot. After that, I removed it from my bow as it just didn't seem to enhance with MY setup.

For all the bows that it has helped on here, IMO its certainly worth a try. Good luck. AB

·
Registered
296 Posts
I like it on my Mighty Mite. My bow was quiet before but it helped after I took all of the string and cable silencers off. All I have on my string is my rope loop and peep. Quiet as a church mouse. I don't get any pop with mine either. Definitely try one and see if it helps.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
picture??

Does anyone have a picture of the STS on you bow so we can see what it looks like. I shoot an outback and was wondering if it would be worth buying.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
wvbownut said:
Does anyone have a picture of the STS on you bow so we can see what it looks like. I shoot an outback and was wondering if it would be worth buying.
If you do a search for STS and then pick out the hits that are listed in the "bows for sale or trade" section, you'll probably have good luck in seeing several pics of them mounted. That's what I did anyhow...

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
photo's

thanks for the photo's. They cleared up a few questions I had.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
They work great on most bows. I've sold one or two in the past 5 months and have yet to see one returned.
Give me a call if you'd like one shipped quickly.

Here's my Allegiance.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts