Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about putting the aftermarket STS string suppressor on my Bowtech Tribute and Constitution. What are the major pros and cons if you have used this suppressor. Seems like many of the new bows are coming stock with these. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thx :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
If you are looking at a true STS suppressor, I would look elsewhere. They are bulky and have moving parts that could result in noise. Also the design looks sloppy and will hang up on every limb in the woods when you pull your bow up to your treestand.

The two string suppressor I have used with great success are the Vibracheck and the custom CoolHandLuke version (from right here on AT). They are both very clean, lightweight, and rock solid. Their are no cons, IMO.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on thanks. I will look into the Vibracheck instead. I didnt think about all those moving parts on the STS. :darkbeer:

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
If you are looking at a true STS suppressor, I would look elsewhere. They are bulky and have moving parts that could result in noise. Also the design looks sloppy and will hang up on every limb in the woods when you pull your bow up to your treestand.

The two string suppressor I have used with great success are the Vibracheck and the custom CoolHandLuke version (from right here on AT). They are both very clean, lightweight, and rock solid. Their are no cons, IMO.
Sloppy ??? How would you design one for a riser that don't have a tapped hole in the back ???

Get hung up on branches ??? I'm sure the branches would single out the STS to get hung up on. Sight or the stabilizer wouldn't get in the way right ??? Wouldn't think twice about the string or cables ??? You must have "SMART" tree branches where your from.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Look into the POS Suppressor manufactured by JLH here on Archery Talk. They are AMAZING :nod:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

+ 1 For the CoolHandLuke Vibe Killer. I have it on both my Tribute and my Switchback XT. You won't be disappointed. It makes my Tribute and SBXT absolultely whisper quiet. Luke is a great guy, makes an awesome product, great price @ $30,with EXCELLENT service.

Here's a link...http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=364307&highlight=Coolhandluke

Here's a little proof about the noise reduction......and some pics of my bows with the Vibe Killer by CoolHandLuke installed. First two are on the Tribute.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts

I have an STS on my Trykon, which is now my backup bow, and I love it. Not sure what is sloppy, or would hang up or is moving. It is sleek, light weight and rock solid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts