Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, and unfortunately I'm going to make it a question.
I did some searches of the DIY but didn't really find anything on homemade STS's...
Does anyone have a DIY STS?
I'm wanting one for my HOYT cybertec (older but I love it)..so it would have to be a side mount.. but don't really know where to start.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here's one I just built for one of my sons bow last week.

For a side mount, I think I'd start by looking for a side mount cable guard for a platform to build off of.

Dave

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
rubber bumper

What did you use as a bumper and how is it fastened??

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's a small (1/2" I.D.) rubber bumper like a cane tip, with a 3/8" plastic cap on the end of the rod(helped bush the rod up to 1/2"). Bought them at ACE Hardware.
It's just slipped on there, & holds tight.
The rod is 3/8" aluminum rod that I bent with a 3/8" tubing bender.
It seems to really make a difference on his Cougar. I haven't had time to make threaded versions to try on a couple of my bows yet.
Dave

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
cane tip

I will give it a try, have a couple PSE's that need fitted for custom STS's. Will post my results.
Thanks DAWG!!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Here is my STS.
I know it's not a side mount but I had a threaded insert on the back of the Scepter so it's what I used. I took one of the old Cobra after market cable guards. I cut it off and stuck a STS bumper on the end. because it is threaded into the bow the depth adjustment is limited to 1/2 revolution of the threads. That's less than a 16th of an inch if you need a more micro adjustment you can pull off the rubber stopper and add several layers of tape to the end of the rod.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
sorry here is the attachment

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting stuff..i think i got an idea for a front mount that would work for what I need on my Hoyt.
Make a thin, durable aluminum block to mount on the stabelizer bolt, with adjustable set screws on a cable guide rod with a medium compound rubber stopper.
I'll post something up when i get it together..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts