Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have had a lot of feedback from alot of you and come down to the Qad rest & Ripcord rest! I need some plus and minus of both rest. First of all I'm looking for a universal rest that can be used for hunting and 3d shooting. I'm not shooting competively but I want to stack arrows!!!! I shoot the trophy ridge dropaway from 3 years ago but if you barely hit your face on the fletching the arrow rattles. This to me is unacceptable!!! Help me out guys with this decision. Thanks

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've been very happy with the qad over the last 3 years. Cracker's installed and recommended.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
QAD over the Ripcord in my opinion.

1. Full Containment
2. Total Fletch Clearance
3. Prongs Lock Down at Shot
4. Quiet on Draw and Shot
5. Easy to Setup and Tune

I've been shooting the QAD for a couple years now and have had zero issues or complaints.

·
Registered
492 Posts
QAD hands down. I have both. The QAD knows the difference between between the shot and let down. It is quiter and not as big so less weight. I love the QAD.

·
'13 KTM 450 SX FE
2,263 Posts
Qad hands down. Go with the Pro version I was told had better componants inside. I had 2 of the hunter versions and I can say never had a concern with either one and very consistant shooting.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

1. Full Containment

I've been shooting the QAD for a couple years now and have had zero issues or complaints.
I understand that all the comparison are very simalar, but do you start with the rest being locked in the up position while hunting or let it down until the draw? Is that personal preference?

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I have been using Ripcords and QAD LD or HDs for a few years now; I have one of each right now.....both are nice.
They both contain the arrow perfectly and both are very quiet.
The Ripcord is cheaper than the QAD HD but, the QAD to me, setup easier and I like the fact that you can let down on the bow and the QAD will still stay up.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1. Full Containment

QAD hands down. I have both. The QAD knows the difference between between the shot and let down. It is quiter and not as big so less weight. I love the QAD.
Well how is it with accuracy at close up and distances? My only concern is fletch contact! I know there are a few models of QAD is there a difference? Do you have a preference?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I understand that all the comparison are very simalar, but do you start with the rest being locked in the up position while hunting or let it down until the draw? Is that personal preference?
Up position

Well how is it with accuracy at close up and distances? My only concern is fletch contact! I know there are a few models of QAD is there a difference? Do you have a preference?
If set up properly, no fletching contact. The HD is the model you want.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
If it weren't for the LD feature (lock down) on the QAD, I'd go with the ripcord just because it seems...IMO...to be built more rock-solid. When they added the LD feature though, there's no way around it, the QAD is better. Now if they'd just make it easy to adjust spring tension...and get rid of the cord....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i like the quad over the ripcord for 1 reason the thumb bar. you want go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
If it weren't for the LD feature (lock down) on the QAD, I'd go with the ripcord just because it seems...IMO...to be built more rock-solid. When they added the LD feature though, there's no way around it, the QAD is better. Now if they'd just make it easy to adjust spring tension...and get rid of the cord....

HOW would you even expect them to ever get rid of the cord? That seems impossible to me.
Secondly, why do you need to adjust spring tension? That's certainly not needed, at least in my years of experience with the QAD.
Not to say your desires are unwarranted, just wondering what could have possibly transpired for you to have EVER needed to adjust spring tension on the QAD fallaway???

·
Registered
50 Posts
QAD I have shot for 2 years now. It is great. Not a single problem with it. There is 5 of us that hunt together and we all shoot but one. The other guy shoots the tropy ridge and he reall is not a huge fan. Arrow falls off the rest. My opinion is go with the QAD

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QAD I have shot for 2 years now. It is great. Not a single problem with it. There is 5 of us that hunt together and we all shoot but one. The other guy shoots the tropy ridge and he reall is not a huge fan. Arrow falls off the rest. My opinion is go with the QAD
I have had the same promblem with my trophy ridge. The arrow falls off if barely bumped and its all over but the cryn when you lose the buck of a lifetime! Its happen to me, not the buck of the lifetime yet, but it has fallen off on does. Don't what it to happen on the big one!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Love them both! But I'm shooting the QAD HD this year, no complaints!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Limbdriver. Provides support with the right amount of give just like the lizard tongue style rests that are popular for spots, then is drops out of the way for full fletch clearance.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
not for nothing but in 1 year ive had 2 qad's ... well there in the cabinet waiting to be shiped back for repair.... I got a prong on my alien x! Failsafe!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts