Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shooting spots.

I was shooting an informal spot match today at my local shop. This shop caters more to hunters than competitive shooters so the shop guy was of no help.

The question I have is if while shooting your 5 spot target you inadvertantly shoot two arrows into the same spot during that round are they scored as two hits or one hit and one miss. There was a older gent there that was adament that the extra arrow should be scored a miss. Is he right???

hangunnr

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes he is right

If two arrows are shot on the same target the lower scoring arrow is counted and the other counts as a miss.
Thats the way its done in FITA anyway, i think it aplies to five spot as well.
Hope this helps

Pete

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Texas Field Archery Ass. rules state that you can shoot all your arrows and they count into one or any combinations of individual targets on the five spot sheet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi hangunnr!
If you are shooting NFAA rules on the five spot target, it does not matter how many arrows are in each target except you can't shoot over 5 arrows. If you shoot 6 arrows, you pull the highest scoring arrow plus loose one point. The NFAA rules until about 2 or 3 years ago did say only one arrow per target, but they changed the rule, now it does not matter if all 5 arrows are in the same target, they all count. Just don't shoot over 5.

Good Shooting :)

·
74,535 Posts
I would say

Are local assc score both arrows. I think the nfaa scores that way also. They do not drop arrow unless you shoot wrong five spot target.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the clarifcation of the rules.

That means my score will now be a 300-46X instead of a 295-45X.

hangunnr

·
Registered
178 Posts
Great shooting! Keep it up, it is a lot of fun to shoot the indoor. I love shooting the NFAA Indoor round. I shoot the one spot, because I shoot fingers without a sight. I need all the target I can get.

Good Shooting :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts