Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering...

Would it be worth putting limb savers on a bow that is already quiet/relatively shock free? Bow is not used for hunting.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
limb savers do more than quiet, they also protect the limbs from excessive shock. even though you say the bow is shock free there is still some no matter what so IMO limbsavers are just added security to a breakdown.

now if you had said string leeches i wouldve said no.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
ursonvs said:
limb savers do more than quiet, they also protect the limbs from excessive shock. even though you say the bow is shock free there is still some no matter what so IMO limbsavers are just added security to a breakdown.

now if you had said string leeches i wouldve said no.
Ditto

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I like to set mine up where it sounds like it's gonna blow up on the target line! Scares the crap outta the competition! LOL! Just Kidding! I put limb savers on all my bows cause they will keep it from coming apart in case a nock breaks on the shot or I do something stupid!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK ... on go the magic shrooms! :shade:

Thanks guys! :wink:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
hehe, magic shrooms.

that brings up a good story.

back in my glory 20's we were at pike's peek, colorado in the restaurant there. one of my buddies went to the can and another buddy of mine slipped a shroom in his salad. after he ate the salad he got really quiet and staring out the picture window he jumped back in his chair. since we knew what was going on we asked what was wrong. he goes," man, you won't believe this, but the top of that mountain just blew right off!" sorry, but when you mentioned the magic shrooms that popped in my mind.

thanks for the good memories!!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Limb savers protect against excessive shock, that shock makes it self know usually by noise. If your bow is not noisey then the odds are very high that you dont have excessive shock, so why put them on? Ask the makers there may be a reason why you should or should not. I personally would not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts