Archery Talk Forum banner

Success in Africa!!!!!

1037 Views 18 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  maniac9230
All I can say about this safari and trip to African Arrow Safari's in the Limpopo Province in South Africa is WOW! There are not enough words to describe the experience. We stayed in a lodge fit for a king, 5 star+, ate like kings and were treated like we were part of the Nel family. I have already planned a return in 2010. We were covered up in animals for 10 days, took 14 trophies home experienced Africa first hand. The only downers to this hunt, besides the long plane flights, were that I lost a 54"+ Kudu and a huge, 11 or 12 inch tusk sow, warthog.

This is the same place that "Crackers" hunted and everything he said about the Nel's and the hunting were 100% correct. If anyone is interested in a wonderful hunt and like being treated like kings and eating like kings and then on top of that, shooting trophy animals, then look into African Arrow Safaris. You cannot go wrong with Harry Nel and his family and ranch.

I ended up taking an Eland, Gemsbock, Blue Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Common Blesbock and Impala. We did not scor any of the trophies, but I looked at my BIL trophy room and after 7 safaris to Africa with a rifle, he has only a couple of trophies that are as large or larger than the ones he has taken. He was very impressed with the animals I took. This was a dream hunt that ended up way better than anything I have ever done before. Now all I have to do is to save up for the taxidermy bill that is to come.

Trophy hunting Elephant Elephants and Mammoths Hunting Indian elephant

Trophy hunting Horn Wildlife Terrestrial animal Safari

Vertebrate Trophy hunting Antelope Hunting Bamboo

Antelope Trophy hunting Kudu Barbary sheep Cow-goat family
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Two more animals taken and pics of the hides we spent most of our time in hunting over water holes.

Vertebrate Antelope Mammal Trophy hunting Cow-goat family

Antelope Mammal Trophy hunting Horn Waterbuck

Tree Cob House Hut Building

Shack Roof House

· Registered
4,097 Posts
Looks like you really cleaned up over there.:eek::wink:

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really not sure on the cost of the taxidermy bill yet. They are getting me the cost for dipping, packing and shipping to the states here. Really don'tcare either. it will be well worth every penny I spend to have those animals on my wall. We are already planning a return trip in 2010. More animals to hunt and harvest.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul, I don't think he has anything against FOB's, in fact he and his brother want me to send them some so they can try them out. They had never seen nor heard of them before. You should have seen the look on their faces when I pulled my quiver out the morning of our first hunt. I think the reason he does not like arrows in the pics is because he is big into photography and wants a pic of his clients kills as clean as possible for use in his promo videos and brochure.

· Registered
6,936 Posts
BIG Congrats on some VERY fine Dark Continent trophies!! :wink:

I am planning to go for my first time in 2010!! Unless something unforeseen should happen I'll definately be there!

· The Godfather
7,310 Posts
I am really glad you had a great time and I told you so LOL Who was your PH?. I have a hunt booked in '11 but I will also have to work a little while there. I have a shop that I will be giving a seminar at while there

Any one that would like info or to book a hunt can contact me any time. We do have a few openings next year and many in 2010.

· Registered
949 Posts
Dangit man!!!

Great Pics , Thanks for Sharing.
And Congrats and good Shooting.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike, Harry was my PH for the entire trip. Garry Pretorius was the PH for my buddy. We were the only 2 hunters in camp. Also had a PH in training named Philip who was a cousin of Harry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.