Archery Talk Forum banner

Success in N.H.

726 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  M Kelly
So far the hunting @ camp has been slow, trail cams have nothing to show on the plots execpt for Turkeys, Coyotes and a few does and the does are far and few. Coyotes were at it Hard Friday Night. Decided this morning I'd head to a new set on the bottom finger of a steep hardwood ridge that was dropping acorns like rain. Bumped a deer walking in and then had another cross below me a 1/2 hour later. Just around 7:15 I hear movement below and spot a deer moving about 50 yds out. I gave a couple of bleats with the can and he came in to about 12 steps from the tree, the GrizzTrick found its mark and he piled up about 40 yds out.
Deer Roe deer Wildlife biologist Deer hunting Wildlife
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,477 Posts
congrats, glad the action picked up a bit

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Tom are you having any action? The night time action were I hunt during the week has died off big time. I'll be hunting in state this weekend. Wish we had Sunday Hunting one full day a week is just not enough.
Keep us posted!

· Registered
708 Posts
I've been hunting since 15 sept opener and haven't seen one deer period. I have never in my life gone this long without seeing deer in N.H. Tons of coyotes around though. Friend in Hooksett hasn't seen a deer since opener either, beginning to think N.H. is void of any deer. Congrats on the deer, was he wet from swimming the river crossing from Vermont?

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been hunting since 15 sept opener and haven't seen one deer period. I have never in my life gone this long without seeing deer in N.H. Tons of coyotes around though. Friend in Hooksett hasn't seen a deer since opener either, beginning to think N.H. is void of any deer. Congrats on the deer, was he wet from swimming the river crossing from Vermont?
LOL Our camp is about 15 minutes from the Ct River, Our food plots have been empty ( hopefully a killing frost will change that) and we are under siege by coyotes and even a huge bobcat this year. The north side of the ridges is were I've found the most sign so far and this fella was loaded with acorns and some yellow apples. We have neighbors who Hay in Vermont and they say it's loaded with deer. Good Luck!!

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.