Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonderin' if the guys that post pics of their successful hunts on here really enjoyed it or not? Everybody has this terrible look on their face posing with their deer...

I promise, "if" I ever take a nice deer and post it on here...you will have no doubt that I'm as tickeled as a 4 year old at the Chucky Cheese...I'll be the one grinnin' like a possom eatin' saw briars....:grin:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Here you go. Here's my "cheeeessee" from my '05 buck.

Attachments

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
I was thinking the very same thing! there is a picture on here where the man killed a very nice buck,and he looks like he just had a hemmorid operation.
come on guy's let's not have such a sour look while taking a picture of our trophy's.:)

·
Enjoying Archery
1,182 Posts
Me too

Yeah, how the heck can you not smile after taking a nice buck? You couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a baseball bat. Come on people! At least pretend to be happy about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!

:darkbeer: There ya go KSlivin! THAT'S what we need to see!!! Nice Buck...

·
Registered
18,857 Posts
KSlivin said:
Here you go. Here's my "cheeeessee" from my '05 buck.
Even the deer is smiling!

·
Ad Meliora
17,177 Posts
I would rather see some more respect for the animal...no tongue hanging out, wipe away blood, don't hang it for picture, don't straddle it...to me that tells more about the hunter than whether he is grinning like an ape.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
It's called your game face. Besides it is hard to smile when you know your fixing to have to drag the deer 300 or 400 yards.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
slinger09 said:
It's called your game face. Besides it is hard to smile when you know your fixing to have to drag the deer 300 or 400 yards.
300-400 yrds? I would be smillin. thats a walk in the park. try draggin twice that far then you're allowed to frown.

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
how come some people hold there buck's horns at arm's length toward the camera? is it soupposed to make the antlers look bigger than ther realy are?

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
outback1 said:
how come some people hold there buck's horns at arm's length toward the camera? is it soupposed to make the antlers look bigger than ther realy are?
Now that comment was totally irrelevant... What are they supposed to do? Hold the rack right up against their body?

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
slinger09 said:
Or, after 6-7 hours of packing.:)

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
Beamen123 said:
Now that comment was totally irrelevant... What are they supposed to do? Hold the rack right up against their body?
well,look at the last two pictures,there's one where the hunter is framed in the shot holding his buck,in the other the bucks nose is kissing the camera,my comment was about how some hunters talk about respecting there kills then try to hold the deer at the tips of there fingers to make them something there not,even when it's a really nice buck.it dosnt matter to me if you set a timer and walk back 50 feet and take your picture

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
How about the classic, "look at the buck with a respectful semi -grin"?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I know what you mean, they need to show that they are happy at least...

I have no problem smiling as you can see!!!!!!!!!lol

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Bowbuster said:
I know what you mean, they need to show that they are happy at least...

I have no problem smiling as you can see!!!!!!!!!lol

you are smiling with good reason. Nice bucks partner!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't think there is any disrespect to the animal if you are smiling in a picture. As long as the animal was taken ethically I see no problems. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What??

arrowheadtroutm said:
I would rather see some more respect for the animal...no tongue hanging out, wipe away blood, don't hang it for picture, don't straddle it...to me that tells more about the hunter than whether he is grinning like an ape.

Here we go....EXACTLY how is smilin' like you're happy disrespectful to the animal and....

What does that Clint Eastwood stare you got there tell you about a hunter?? It tell's me that he thinks he's Billy Bad Ash...hopin' he can get his "cleaned up for tv" deer in a magazine somewhere.....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts