Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the same question in a different forum as well. My daughter (12) has been using a back tension release for a couple of years but has always cheated the release. I am looking for a great resistance activated release for her for her to try. What brands/models have you tried that work great for kids. It would need to be a smaller release as her hands are on the small side.

I appreciate the help! Thanks!

·
Registered
351 Posts
My 10yr. old grandson is shooting a Stan Perfex XL long nose. These releases are smaller framed and ideal for youth as well as adults, very adjustable. I started him out with a wrist release but he started punching it so went to the Perfex and has got along great. Richard

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it! I will go ahead and get one of those for her.

·
Registered
289 Posts
We have used I think all of the resistance releases in our family. Carter Evolution, Stan Perfex Resistance and the Silverback. I think there was a Stan Element we used some to.

I would say the Perfex Resistance was the most consistent. It is also nice that it comes in four different sizes.
The Carters seemed like for every three of them one had to be sent back for inconsistencies. That said they were good to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts