Archery Talk Forum banner

Suggestions on Single Pin Sight

582 Views 17 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  ArcheryInc
I've made the decision to switch to a single pin sight after this hunting season. My research has narrowed it down to a Spott Hogg and HHA Optimizer Ultra. I am undecided on which Spott Hogg I would want, but I mainly hunt and want to get into 3D shoots, so if you guys have any suggestions I am all ears.

Thanks
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,054 Posts
They are both good choices. Personally, I have 5 HHA sights mounted on 5 bows. They never let me down, stay tight and all my sight accessories are interchangeable. I even replaced a target scope off a Sureloc with an HHA Pro scope. Sights like all equipment are personal choices.

· Registered
2,130 Posts
They are both great sights and I have had both.

I am fond of the HHA sights myself and currently shoot the King Pin, which is my favorite so far.

· Registered
7,957 Posts
Montana black gold!! Ascent, bullet proof and brightest pins on the market without the starburst effect

· Registered
1,403 Posts
I bought a Fast Eddie this year with the new double pin scope and I absolutely love it. The gap between the pins is roughly 17 yards when the top pin is zeroed at 20 yards for my bow setup.

So I'm good from 20 to 40 yards without touching my sight and I still retain the clear and uncluttered sight picture that the single pin sights give us. Just make sure to practice so you're used to splitting the pins.

I would have to feel extremely confident about a shot to attempt one much beyond 40.

FYI I sold my HHA Optimizer to buy my Fast Eddie and don't regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,379 Posts
Both are excellent sights. I use HHA on both of my bows...mainly because they haven't given me a reason to change.

However, had I started with the FE, I'd be saying the same thing about it.

I feel ill try a FE this winter. I acknowledge that it's lighter, and offers better quiver mount options than the HHA.

· Registered
62 Posts
I've had my HHA for a few years now and love it. HHA has GREAT customer service as well. I overtightened a screw on mine and had new parts shipped to my door within three days (for free). I highly recommend them.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
HHA, but buy the King pin.

· Registered
2,949 Posts
I have a 1 3/4" Optimizer Lite site, with dial and tapes for sale for $125 delivered if you'd like. I had it on a third bow, but I only have two bows and don't see a need for 3rd anymore. You can PM me if you're interested.

· Registered
759 Posts
I've made the decision to switch to a single pin sight after this hunting season. My research has narrowed it down to a Spott Hogg and HHA Optimizer Ultra. I am undecided on which Spott Hogg I would want, but I mainly hunt and want to get into 3D shoots, so if you guys have any suggestions I am all ears.

Thanks
Can't go wrong with either sight... Both are great companies, which produced great products.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.