Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going to try my hand at 3D this year. I'm new to the sport and want some input on the following:

Arrow Selection (Thinking a 400 or 500 spine)

Knock Selection

Point Selection

I'm shooting a Hoyt Maxxis 31 at 63lbs and 29 1/2 inch draw.

I predominantly hunt and shot a little bow baseball this year and I want to try my hand this summer at 3D. I just did not want to run out and buy a new bow for 3D without first trying my hand at it to see if I would enjoy it.

· Registered
1,171 Posts
I going to try my hand at 3D this year. I'm new to the sport and want some input on the following:

Arrow Selection (Thinking a 400 or 500 spine)

Knock Selection

Point Selection

I'm shooting a Hoyt Maxxis 31 at 63lbs and 29 1/2 inch draw.

I predominantly hunt and shot a little bow baseball this year and I want to try my hand this summer at 3D. I just did not want to run out and buy a new bow for 3D without first trying my hand at it to see if I would enjoy it.
If your hunting arrows are right for your set up screw on some field points and go have some fun.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm shooting Easton Axis N-Fused Carbons 400's with quickspins and x nocks. I just didn't know if I went to a lighter arrow to pick up a little speed with shorter vanes would help. I also didn't know if shooting something like fatboys would be in my best interest or not????

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking Fatboys or Lightspeed 3D's? Do you think that I could get away with a 500 spine or not?

· Premium Member
10,938 Posts
Nope, 500 is too light, like limber. 400 should be right in the ballpark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.