Archery Talk Forum banner

Suggestions to calm forward "Jump" on ShadowCat

851 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  JDES900X
I have a target ShadowCat that has a very pronouced forward "jump" at the shot even with a 36" Easton ACE stabilizer with Doinker end and rear bars with weights. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to calm this. The bow literally pops ouy of my hand toward the target at the shot. My Ultratec and Legacy without ANY stabilizers don't do that.
Do any of the target stabilizers help control that movement?? (Doinker elite??)
I like the bow otherwise but now I am starting to anticipate that jump and am afraid my technique will start getting screwed up. I already use a finger sling which works better than a wrist sling.
Would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions!!
Thanks,
Tom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,944 Posts
Boro said:
I have a target ShadowCat that has a very pronouced forward "jump" at the shot even with a 36" Easton ACE stabilizer with Doinker end and rear bars with weights. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to calm this. The bow literally pops ouy of my hand toward the target at the shot. My Ultratec and Legacy without ANY stabilizers don't do that.
Do any of the target stabilizers help control that movement?? (Doinker elite??)
I like the bow otherwise but now I am starting to anticipate that jump and am afraid my technique will start getting screwed up. I already use a finger sling which works better than a wrist sling.
Would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions!!
Thanks,
Tom
Tom I think you need to creep into your shot more and stop pulling with your back muscles :eek: :p

Seriously, many would wish to have that kind of explosion in their shot - get a good sling and enjoy it!

· Registered
8,652 Posts
Don't Try to Stop It

That is characteristic of a hard twin cam. Many people prefer the bow to jump forward at the shot. Gives a very clean follow thru. Just get a finger sling and let it jump free till it hits the sling. You'll like it after a while.
Jbird

· Registered
2,767 Posts
I found the Bow Jax limb jax and Ultra Jax 2 cable Jax made a huge difference on that bow. PM me if you need more info on how to use them. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.