Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone carry for light weight summer rain gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mark
5,689 Posts
Frogs Toggs Java 2.0 I think it is. Great quality folds up to nothing, light easy to pack. Kinda pricy but found on sale on the internet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cabelas space rain jacket and pants is what I have. Works good and packs small. Not sure if they still make it

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
OR [Outdoor Research" Gore-Tex shell; Jacket and pants each fold up into one of the pockets and packs perhaps a little larger than a quart sandwich bag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the Cabela's Space rain gear, but it's not made for brush busting, and doesn't breathe well. I upgraded to the KUIU Chugach jacket, and while I haven't used it while hunting, it's been great so far. It's kept me dry on a few hikes and camping trips and breathes well enough to keep me from overheating while moving. I'd say it's worth the $$$.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I have really started considering something for getting caught in those rainy shoots. I started 3D in 2015 I don't know if it was luck or what but every shoot from 2015-2018 was sunny and beautiful, it may have gotten a bit too hot but no rain or cold. Even the shoots in Jan & Feb we would have an unseasonably warm sunny day. In 2019 I was shooting a qualifier and had to finish and got caught in a down pour. This year I was shooting another qualifier in June and got caught in another.

I'm not so much interested in gear for my self but for the bow. I rarely bring my sight cover to shoots (may have to start) but my peep with a clarifier and the lens on my scope got water on both sides and gave me fits. My bow was soaked. I'd prefer not to fool with that individual little peep cover or a sight cover. I saw a guy who had like a little jacket that fit a bow perfectly and just slid off an on so easy.

I meant to ask him where he got it and what it was but he was a target or two ahead of me and when he finished shooting he was gone. I'm not even sure what to search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts