Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
None so far, but the plastic has worn prettty bad.
I'm interested to see what some people say though.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i have had mine for 2 months and the cable wraps are wearing. im not sure how long the cables will last. update next season:smile:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just curious. On mine the only thing that is worn is the rubber coating but other than that they look fine.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
5 + years and going strong. I did replace the shrink wrap a couple years ago. Bought it off Ebay. Needs replaced again. Easy to do and fairly cheap.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
As long as your cables don't have broken strands or have incurred some off the wall damage like having them pinched or creased by something heavy that could compromise the strands under the coating they should outlast you.

Those things are tuff stuff. Rated to something like 8,000lbs of static weight if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cables

I have replaced my outer coating on the cables once and I've had my stand for 4 years. It is due again this year.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Same here.....did the wrap over the cables. I use electrical tape also. I do however have a set of extra cables JUST IN CASE! :wink: I don't wanna be running around looking for equipment when i could be sitting in a tree!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've used electrical tape too in spots that needed it. I'm sure you could probably also use that liquid electrical tape stuff as well.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My cables are going strong, on 3rd season coming up, gonna replace the shrink wraps soon, but like was metioned before, unless you damaged it pretty bad, you should be ok

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine are going on their 4th year. The cable itself is fine, just the rubber coating is worn. Going to look into replacing them after this season.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I used mine for 2 years. I also practice out of mine in my yard. My rubber coating was all beat up. I replaced mine. I would rather be safe then sorry.All that time and money preparing and practicing to hunt I can spend $35 for the peace of mind that I am safe. I use the summit viper. Just my .02. :wink:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
cables

I've had the cables/climber for 6+ years with no problem other that the coating. I went to Home Depot and bought electricians shrink wrap and replaced the worn parts pretty easily. Cost about $2-$3. Todd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts