Archery Talk Forum banner

summit climber backpack straps

4314 Views 12 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  kevinsulikowski
As we wind down the 2015 deer season I'm reflecting back on some of the new equipment I used this past year. First time trying a climber and overall I was very happy with the summit viper stand I bought this year. It was between a summit or Lone Wolf and the 200$ less for summit is what sold me on it. My summit was very comfortable once I got it all set up and to the place I wanted to hunt. I kinda wish I spent the extra $$ for a lone wolf for the ease of packing in and set up looks to be a little quicker/simpler. However, I don't hunt exclusively from my climber so saving the $$ was worth it to me All that being said, the one thing that did bother me was the backpack straps it came with. I see Summit makes a padded "Deluxe" backpack strap and I'm leaning towards that one just because its summit. There was a couple posts on this topic already but they were from 5-6 years ago and every time I clicked on a link to what other guys are buying/using it was an outdated link. Thanks for any information on what your using or like for a padded replacement strap to the ones that stand comes with.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,040 Posts
I have all the molle straps on one of summits . The one a hunt a good ways from the truck with. The are great for carrying the stand , the only issue I have with them are they seem to make me sweat worse. I think it is because they are so thick. I always spray a bunch of scent killer on them when I get to where I am going. Other than that they are great.

I recently bought the bungee back packs straps for my other one and they aren't to bad , if you aren't walking to terrible far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Mark
6,725 Posts
I bought the summit delux straps and had to modify them to make them work which was disappointing. They install just like the standard straps but the upper strap is too long meaning the padding started lower than my shoulder, so I had to modify them to get the padding on my shoulder and now they work good. If doing over would of bought the molle straps. Went with summits over molle as I thought the molle straps looked like a pain to install.

· Padawan
2,403 Posts
Just put my Summit together today with the MOLLE 2 shoulder straps and Kidney belt. Also added Hazmore net seat and Third hand archery stabilizer straps.

Tried it out on a tree in the back yard. It all worked great. I was surprised how easily it carries with the Molle 2 stuff, very light.

Now I need to look at adding wheels so I can use it as a game cart!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

· 3%er
3,640 Posts
I use the stock straps but have some padded suspender straps used for firefighter suspenders. They use Velcro and wrap over the stock ones. Thickly padded neoprene and slide to where you need them. Saw some like them on eBay that might work. I don't carry mine too often or too far so don't use the molle yet even tho I have a set.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
molle straps and third hand stabilizer straps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.