Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Lone Wolf Sit 'N Climb

Votes: 17 47.2%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've narrowed down my climbing stand options to either the Summit Goliath or the Lone Wolf Sit 'N Climb. Any opinions/recommendations as to why one is better than the other would be much appreciated. Please feel free to PM with any additional info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
622 Posts
My bud owned both and likes the Summit much better. Climbed better, less grabbing at the bark with the Summit cable vs the belt on the LW. Summit was also more comfortable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Goliath

I have a Summit Goliath and I love mine. Very comfortable and easy to climb with.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
If you want better comfort go with the Summit. If you want something lighter and packs easier go with the Lone Wolf. Personally, comfort is the most important factor i look at in a stand.

I own a Goliath and love it.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
The Lone Wolf is a very packable and light stand. They do have new seats this year I believe and hopefully that will make it more comfortable. I use my LW with a Gorilla Air Ride seat and it is very comfortable. Overall it is a very sturdy, packable, and light stand.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I had a Lone Wolf S&C and hated it. It was a PITA to set up and climb with. I've looked at Summits and I like the way they look and the design, but I've never used one. I'd go with the Summit first, and if you don't like it sell it and try a Lone Wolf 2nd.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I had to make the same choice as you, and chose the Goliath. They are right, it is pretty easy to fall asleep. The only thing I like better about the Lone Wolf is it's easier to pack. The Goliath isn't bad, but it doesn't fold flat. You will always have the cables stickin out, unless you take them off. If I could do it over, I would still pick the Goliath. It's just that good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts