Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to purchase a lock on stand. Weight ain't that big a deal. What i do want is comfortable for long periods, easy hanging, and ease of moving quickly. I think i've narrowed it down to four stands. I'm just stuck on which one to get.

Summit Copperhead X5
Loggy Bayou Monach ProStaff
LoneWolf Alpha lock on
Gorilla Kong Lounger XLS

What are the pros and cons of each stand and what would be your choice? Or would you choose a different stand alltogether. I have no interest in a climber. I have an old loggy bayou climber that i don't like.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
417 Posts
All I use is the Gorilla KingKong I have about 20 of them in my timber I like the big 24X30 platform and the large removeable seat

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a Rivers Edge Lite Foot XL, its aluminum with a 30"x24" platform, only weighs 15lbs and has a nice big padded seat.

·
Registered
839 Posts
CoyoteHunter said:
All I use is the Gorilla KingKong I like the big 24X30 platform and the large removeable seat
Ditto.With the footrest on you can sit all day with NO fatige.I have a set pole sticks and I can hang it in about 15 to 20 min tops with clean out and adding pull strapsfor security

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lone Wolf

You can't go wrong with Lone Wolf stands. I own six (and will buy more in the future).

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I love my lone wolf as well and plan on getting more in the future.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
116Buck said:
Lone Wolf, no noise and solid as a ROCK!
EXACTLY!!! The LW's are great stands, rock solid and silent. I love the LW stands that I use! I will however add that although you never mentioned them, the Millinneum stand that Clifford suggested is an awesome stand! I had the chance to look these stands over at the IL Deer & Turkey Classic and man were they impressive. I'm going to have to pick up a couple of them before next season.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have all the stands you mention. I only have one summit copperhead. One
loggy, one lone wolf ( it is a mobile set-up stand). I have about twelve gorilla
stands of different models. For the money, they can't be beat. More comfy than LW by far. And more comfy than my copperhead. The Loggy is comfy to me, but the others hang easier. I would stay with the "Kong" series over the "silverback" series. Heavier, but quieter in cold weather.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Summits' new Deer Deck has been our best seller this year. It has a large platform with a good seat and we have been selling them for $100.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is the hammock style seat on the gorillas comfortable or should i try to finde the Lounger series? Gander has the king Kong pro staff but no the lounger.

thanks for all the input!!!

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I would have to say that after buying and owning a bunch of stands both climbers & fixed, that my LoneWolfs are far better then any others that I own.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check out the Chippewa Wedge loc models. I have the Lone Wolf, Non Typical and Chippewa Brutus Maximas. The Wedgeloc gets my vote. I just wish they were a little cheaper and could be purchased in pro shops.

DetLieut

1 - 16 of 16 Posts