Archery Talk Forum banner

Summit Noise Problem

1024 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  4TineClover
For all you summit haters keep your opion to yourself please I am looking for a real solution.
Is there anyway to dampen the metal "Clang" that resonates when ever you touch it with another piece of metal? The "S" hooks on the seat are terrible, my release touches it now and then and it sounds like a damn bell.
Foam insulation maybe?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,304 Posts
The heat shrink tubing is a good idea. I had some extra clear tubing that I think was used for an air pump for a fish tank. I straightened the S hooks out, placed the tubing over the hooks, then bent them back in place.

· Registered
541 Posts
Not to hijack but my biggest problem when packing it in is my pack buckles clanging on the stand...man that pisses me off. If you are careful you dont need any coating, but I like the idea of the plastic dip on the "s" hooks. I also put the summit skins on my stand. It really helped as well for that resonating sound that you hear some times when a branch hits it. Does the foam help that much in the tubes? I wouldn't think it would add too much weight either.

· Registered
6 Posts
I do upholstery work on the side but end up using my sewing machine for hunting more than anything lol. I've sewn up some sleeves that I velcro to the arms and a drop down blind from the front bar (viper ss) So just about all the metal is covered and it has been a tremendous help especially being somewhat clumsy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.