Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all of the great reviews here, I bought a Razor SS today. Now I can't get it assembled.

It is all good except for the climbing bar. The 2" bolts simply are not long enough, I may be able to squeeze it together and get it to barely connect. Is this what needs to be done? The picture in the directions on #15 show this thing is about 1/2" through, mine seems to be about 1/2" short . Has anyone else ran into this? Should I try to force it or just go buy some 2 1/2" bolts?

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
372 Posts
i assembled my razor about 6 weeks ago. it went together pretty easy. make sure your using the right bolts and have all the bushings in.

·
Registered
901 Posts
just make sure

you're actually using the right bolts. The ones with the "built in bushing" are for the stand where you clip it on.

If you watch the DVD it shows you how to assemble. I remember last year the directions weren't as good as the video.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i had to put my bushings on then slip the bolt through. you were talking about the fold away front bar right

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I am talking about the fold away climbing bar.

There are two bushing that go into the climbing bar and two shorter ones that go on the outside ofthe U bracket. Climbing bar gets put onto the Ubracket. Then this 2" bolt is supposed to go all the way through it. If I measure from the outsides of the U bracket, it is almost 2", then you have to add in the width of the shorter bushings, subtract the head of the bolt --- and it just ain't long enough. :)

I just tried the video and they were showing the X4 series.....I am assuming that is probably from 2004. Razor wasn't even a choice to watch -- so that didn't help any.

Keith

·
Registered
869 Posts
I follwed directions step by step and decided to watch the video. Sure made it a little easier. f I can remember I also had probs w/bolts being too small but then figured out that I was using the wrong bolts.:confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are 2 2" bolts and 2 1 3/4" bolts, nothing else even close. Surely I am using the correct ones.

Keith

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem Solved

I just located a pair of 2 1/4" bolts in one of my tool boxes and they work fine. Silver rather than black, but nothing a little spray paint can't fix. :)

Thanks for the assistance. I thought that it might come to that. Kind of frustrating when you pay that kind of money for something and it doesn't have the right parts.

Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts